“SCC exists to love God and to love all others”
Core Beliefs Statement
Biblical truths for which this Church stands include:
- The Holy Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, sufficient and authoritative for all matters of faith, life, and godliness.
- The Trinity of the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, one in essence but, distinct in personality.
- The pre-eminence of Jesus Christ as our Savior, Lord, and Master
- The supreme authority of Jesus Christ and its absolute sufficiency as our only role of faith and practice
- The beautiful symbolic ordinance of the believer’s baptism by immersion in obedience to the command of Christ
- The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper in remembrance of His atoning death and in anticipation of His return
- The complete independence of local church and its interdependence in associated fellowship and with other churches and ministries of like faith
- The spiritual unity of all believers
- A worldwide program of evangelism in obedience to the final command of our Lord
- The expectation of Christ’s visible return
- The dignity of all human life and the need of every person to experience forgiveness of sin through being born again into the family of God
- Human sexuality is designed for physical expression only in the bonds of marriage between a man and a woman. Only marriage between a man and a woman, is recognized by this church. Marriage ceremonies will only be conducted between a man and a woman.
The rowboat is a symbol we have chosen because it clearly communicates things we believe every Christian should know and experience.
We should know that the Good Ship Grace, i.e. Christianity, is not an insulated cruise ship where we sit back and relax on our way to Glory, exempt from all storms, and effort. The Good Ship Grace is an individual rowboat and, we all must row through the “stuff” of life…our little boat may be beaten and battered, tossed to and fro, but it will not sink. Jesus promises that.
We will experience life. Christians may well experience blistered hands, an aching back, discouragement, and weariness to the extreme, yet we keep on keeping on; and one day, we will find ourselves safe in His Harbor, better fit for Heaven than if we had put forth no effort or experienced no pain.
When we have chosen to sign an oar and put it in the boat, we are saying:
- I understand and agree that Christianity is not exemption, but experience.
- I believe God wants me to serve (row) within the community of believers called Sierra Christian Church.
- I’m in. LORD, I want your will for my life, whatever the cost or consequence. I’m in!
(Call 530-249-9136 for more information)
Sunday School 9:15AM
Mens Bible Study